If you need to give a subscriber access to your magazine issues you can use the following method within your ZinioPro Publishing account.
There are many reasons why you would need to give a customer access to your content using this method.
- If you need reviewers to have access to your issues without requiring them to purchase issues.
- To solve a customer service issue. A user may have a subscription through the publisher, or through iTunes Connect. If they absolutely cannot get the issues you can create a login for them to resolve the issue.
- If you don't use a fullfillment service, you can manually upload new subscribers.
Once you create a new user they will automatically receive an email to create their password.
You provide access to issues based on a date range in the CSV file.
Preparing the CSV File
- Create a CSV file with 6 columns.
- Add the following top fields to the columns:
The start_date and expiration must be in the following format:
- two digit day-two digit month-four digit year
Adding Customer Records
Add the subscribers first name, last name, email, start date, and expiration date.
Saving the CSV file
Save the file in the CSV (Comma Separated Values) file format.
Uploading the CSV File
In your ZinioPro Publishing account, chose Users > Import.
Defining the Upload
- For the Import Type chose Entitlement(based on Start Date and Expiration Date).
- Choose the CSV file you have created.
- Choose Submit.
New subscribers will be notified via email. They will be prompted to create a password.
- The subscriber can download the App.
- They need to click on the top three lines in the top left of the App to expose the App menu, and then choose to sign in.
- They will gain access to your issues based on the date range you assigned them.