Note: Some publisher's product ID's are automatically controlled by ZINIOpro and you don't need to manually control your product ID's.
If you are manually controlling your product ID's, then you will need to update the product ID in each section below. The product ID must be the same across all platforms in order for the individual purchase of an issue to work.
- iTunes Product ID
Note: The screenshot you provide for review can be any cover image screenshot.
- Log in to iTunes Connect > My Apps. Select your app
- Choose features from the top menu
- Click on the "+" sign to add a new in-app purchase.
- Select Non-Consumable
- Enter the following:
- Reference Name: The name of the purchase such as: May 2028
- Product ID: Follow a com.issuenumber.appname or whatever structure you had done before.
- Cleared for Sale: This must be checked.
- Pricing: Pick your price tier.
- Content Hosting: Do not turn this on
- Localizations: Add a Display Name and a Description. This appears in the wording when you buy an issue. Such as the 3/6/17 below.
- Review Information: Take a picture of a cover of your magazine on an iPad. It can be any cover. This does not appear anywhere in your app or in iTunes. Upload the cover.
- Save & Submit: This is at the top-right corner of the screen. Now you have the correct product ID set for iTunes
- Google Play Product ID
- Log in to your Google Play Developer Console and choose your app.
- Choose In-App products in the left menu.
- Click on "Add a New Product."
- Select "Managed product."
- Enter the product ID. Follow a com.issuenumber.appname or whatever structure you had done before. Note: You cannot have any uppercase letters or the product ID will not work in Google Play.
- Choose "Continue."
- Enter your Title, Description and pick a price.
- Save it and activate it in the top right corner.
- Product ID's in ZINIOpro
- Log into your CMS.
- Find your issue in the "Current" tab and click on the pencil icon below your issue.
- Enter your Product ID.
- Choose the "Save Issue" button.
- Repeat this process for the other orientation: Mobile or Tablet.
- Fulfillment House
If you also use a fulfillment house, you may need to make sure that you've created the product and entered the correct product ID in order for your customers to receive the next issue in their subscription.